Edgardo Toro DMD, Ph.D. – Orthodontist
“I am dedicated to utilizing my training in Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics to provide the appropriate setting for positive experiences at each dental visit.”
Doctor Toro is one of only a reduced group of dental professionals practicing in Florida who are dual-trained in pediatric dentistry and orthodontics. His academic achievements are only surpassed by his commitment to deliver the highest level of care with a sensibility to his patients.
After obtaining a BA degree in Biology from the University of Missouri, doctor Toro worked at the prestigious National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research in Washington DC focusing his research on the molecular biology of cancer and diabetes.
He then returned to his native Puerto Rico and obtained both his dental degree and post-graduate certification in Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Puerto Rico School of Dental Medicine. For the next 5 years, he worked as a pediatric dentist treating children with a wide range of complex medical and dental needs.
In 2008, he was admitted into the University of Florida Graduate Program in Biomedical Sciences and College of Dentistry Department of Orthodontics where he completed a Ph.D. in Molecular Cell Biology and his post-graduate training in Orthodontics.
Doctor Toro is an active member of various local and national dental and orthodontic associations. Each year he attends a number of continuing education courses and scientific meetings to learn and stay up to date with current clinical and scientific topics.
His mission is to provide the highest level of orthodontic care to his patients that will result in healthy and beautiful smiles.
Our office treats each patient as an individual therefore each patient must be assessed to determine what is the right plan. Since no two people are alike each treatment must be planned and developed for that particular person.
Not every patient will be a candidate for orthodontics. Many young patients will simply be placed on observation until they are older.
Adult patients may require a combined approach with their family dentist or other dental professionals such as a periodontist (gum specialist) or oral surgeon.
What Sets Us Apart
- Four convenient locations to better serve you.
- Most insurance plans are accepted making your payments lower. You may not realize it; however, you may be paying more out of pocket expenses if you go to a non-participating provider.
- Convenient interest-free payment plans with a 5% discount for paying in full by either cash or check at the beginning of treatment.
- We understand that things happen; we don’t charge for broken braces.
- We have something we like to call retainer assurance. One of the most frustrating things that can happen is achieving a beautiful smile and then losing your retainer. Often after such a large expense such as orthodontic treatment, the cost of a new set of retainers can be prohibitive. Therefore if for any reason you or your child loses their retainers during the first year after the braces are removed you will receive a second set at no charge, no questions asked.
- Treatment by a dual-trained orthodontist with over 15 years of experience
- We consider the family dentist to be the “quarterback” of the dental team. We will work with your dentist to provide the best care available.
“We are dedicated to providing a great experience to our patients. We think of our patients as our family and we will treat them as such.”